Do you believe that your destiny is to help heal others? Do you find it natural to empathize with others and put their needs above yours? You might often feel like you do not belong in this place or time, or like an outsider who find it hard to habituate into society. You are not alone. Spiritual healers come in many shapes and forms. How many of the following characteristics describe you?
You may be a spiritual healer if:
- You feel other people’s emotions and illnesses as your own.
- You read others very quickly.
- You think about the “Big Picture” but are not too concerned about details.
- You have gone through bouts of depression.
- You have struggled with anxiety or panic.
- You have felt like an outcast for most of your life.
- You get overwhelmed very easily.
- You are usually the natural peacemaker between people.
- You are the person that people turn to in times of need.
- You feel drained after spending too much time around people.
- Sensitive beings like animals and children gravitate towards you.
- Other people tend to dump their emotional baggage onto you.
- You perceive the interconnectedness of life and deeply respect it.
- You have experienced major trauma in your life.
- You tend to be a right-brain thinker rather than a left-brain thinker.
- You tend to attract people who need fixing but often get trapped in self-sacrifice.
- You are a compassionate listener.
- You are drawn towards the healing professions that help others experience wholeness and balance.
To be a spiritual healer, you need to first work through your own pain and become very grounded. You must start from within first so you can ensure that you have enough passion, energy, and love to give others.